Oh Progress Bar


Progress bar, oh progress bar
How you taunt at me

I wait and watch with faith eternal
I pray on bended knee

I see you jump from ten to twenty
Just to sit at thirty-three

I sit and stare as nothing happens
As if my gaze you see

Soon as I start to push the button
Once more alive you'll be

On we go, up through the count
Now eighty-five I see

And as we reach for ninety-nine
I pulse with energy

The screen goes black then a beep
The cursor doth decree

That you've crapped out for the fourteen time
And I must punish thee...

Peter Brown 2011

3 comments:

Mr. M said...

Blogger oughta have a "Like Button", like on Facebook... Hilarious.

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

I'm weeping.

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

Unexpected errors are often the path towards knowledge and revelation is the reward for the weary warefarer.

Thus would have spoken Zarathustra had he used a PC.